March 11, 2019
The primary function of this employee is to oversee daily operations and budget execution for the City of Maricopa Express Transit (COMET) system. This incumbent of this position ensures full compliance with all Federal, State and Local regulations. The incumbent provides effective administration of the transit budget in providing various modes of transit service to the general population. In addition, the incumbent plans, prepares and budgets for needed improvements to the city transit system.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
• Coordinates needed transit services with Demand Response (dial-a ride) and Route Deviation Service (fixed-route)
• Works with the contract provider on a daily basis to ensure effective scheduling, dispatch and driver support
• Meets with contract provider as needed to ensure effective daily transit operations, or to plan and execute needed system improvements
• Receives invoices from the contract provider and merchants and prepares monthly reimbursement requests for submission to Arizona Department Of Transportation.
• Assists the Finance Department in accounting reconciliation related to transit
• Works with Planning and Engineering staff to develop long range transit plans, new needed bus stops and bus pull outs
• Monitors condition of transit vehicle fleet and budgets for replacement of vehicles and addition of new vehicles to increase the fleet
• Analyzes transit demand and develops annual operating, administration and capital budget to ensure effective transit service for the entire budget cycle
• Tracks mileage and condition of existing transit vehicle fleet and ensures Preventative Maintenance is conducted and documented at proper intervals, as required by the FTA and ADOT
• Ensures compliance with Title VI Civil Rights, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Disadvantaged Business Enterprise and Limited English Proficiency requirements.
• Ensures effective execution of the transit budget by monitoring spending trends and initiating corrective action to ensure operations, administration
• Develops advertising media to promote the City Of Maricopa Express Transit system
• Develops and updates COMET brochures to include all necessary information regarding the use of all modes of transit
• Develops information for use on the city website and other electronic media to help the public use the COMET
• Conducts periodic presentations to City Manager, City Council, citizen committees, citizen groups, regional agencies and Indian Communities.
• Participates in the development and implementation of assigned division goals and objectives, and the implementation of policies and procedures
• Performs all work duties and activities in accordance with City policies and procedures
• Works in a safe manner and reports unsafe activity and conditions. Follows city-wide safety policy and practices and adheres to responsibilities concerning safety prevention, reporting and monitoring as outlined in the City’s Safety Handbook.
• Other duties as assigned.