Financial Accounting Manager
Start Date: TBA Compensation: $26.57 - $33.22 DOE
The Accounting Manager manages the accounting staff and provides analytical and technical management for Capital, Operating, and RTA budget preparation. This is accomplished by analyzing financial and operational data; tracking funding and expenditure capability; projecting revenues and expenditures; preparing financial and budgetary reports and analyzing and reconciling general ledger accounts.
· Manages staff by maintaining open communication; reviewing and overseeing duties performed, provides input to Director of Finance on hiring, disciplinary actions and work objectives, performance evaluations, and realigning work as needed.
· Tracks funding and expenditures by compiling and maintaining capital program purchase documentation; tracking monthly capital program expenditures; maintaining RTA subsidiary schedules; maintaining source documentation and archive of historical data, both financial and operational.
· Analyzes monthly/annual operation and financial data by performing budget to actual variance analysis; performing trend analysis; projecting revenues and expenditures and conducting research for special projects.
· Analyzes and reconcile general ledger accounts by performing various accounting functions and assisting with month and year end closings.
- Work requires broad knowledge of Accounting and GAAP
- Two year degree in Accounting required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred
- Three years of relevant experience in a professional accounting department required
- One year of experience managing accounting employees required
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
Apply at 3910 N. Sun Tran Blvd., or download an application form from our website at www.suntran.com or e-mail resume to suntranhr(at)tucsonaz.gov . Sun Tran’s office hours are 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. If offered this position, the offer is contingent upon a satisfactory background investigation and pre-employment drug screen results.
Sun Tran/ Sun Van/ Sun Link is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.”