Financial Services Operations Manager
Compensation: $50,235 - $78,350
Under general supervision performs variety of complex supervisory, professional, administrative, and technical accounting functions of considerable difficulty with the Yuma County Intergovernmental Public Transportation Authority (YCIPTA); performs related work as required or assigned.
The following duties ARE NOT intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this classification. Shown are duties intended to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional, position-specific duties.
- Ensures federal and state grant compliance issues. Manages operating and capital budget.
- Manages accounting functions, fare collection processes and bank accounts included reconciling bank statements and verify the deposit for fare collection.
- Produce Monthly Accounts Receivable Billing using spreadsheets and Accounting Program Software
- Understand Fund Accounts in order to maintain Federal Transit Agency and Arizona Department of Transportation funding sources compliance.
- Monitors and reconciles fund balances.
- Reconcile Grant Balances with the Federal Transit Agency Transit Award Management System (TrAMS)
- Submit Grant Milestone Reports and Federal Financial Reports Quarterly and Annually.
- Working hand in hand with Yuma County’s and Treasurer’s Department Finance Team to ensure timely posting of revenue.
- Analyze and trend revenuesand cash flows and submit monthly updates to the Transit Director and the YCIPTA Board.
- Process and post Bi-Weekly Payroll
- Be able to create journal entries for reclassification of payroll and payroll liabilities.
- Be able to do year end journal entries and closing procedures for all areas of the finance department.
- Acts as purchasing liaison.
- Be able to calculate depreciation and maintain the fix asset listing
- Leads and provides trainingand guidance to accounting staff,organizes and maintainsbond and insurance activity.
- Produce Financial Statements and serve as the lead coordinator of single audit.
- Produces various complex accounting annual reports (ex. Annual Comprehensive Financial Report and National Transit Database reports).
- Reviews reconcile and balance general ledger account for accounting records for accuracy.
- Prepares complex budget calculations (including personnel costs). Sits on the budget review and development team.
- Sits in monthly Board meetings to present monthly Financial Statements
- Works with the various independent auditors.
- Other duties as assigned
Serves as the Assistant Director in Transit Director’s absence.
- Knowledge of General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP);
- Knowledge of Unified Manual of Accounting for Arizona Counties (UMAC);
- Knowledge of Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB);
- Knowledge of federal and state regulations;
- Knowledge of publicsector budgetary process;
- Knowledge of Annual Comprehensive Financial Report(ACFR)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Skill in tax rate calculation; auditing and internal control procedures;
- Skill in automated accounting systems and applicable software;
- Skill in payroll, accounts receivables and payables; purchasing;
- Skill in reconciliations;
- Skill in performing operational analysis of all areas, maintaining efficiency of logical and physical workflow;
- Skill in interpreting accounting principles, rules and regulations;
- Skill in performing complex mathematical computations and statistical projections;
- Skill in principles and practices of supervision, training, and performance management.
- Skill in analyzing complex financial records;
- Skill in performing queries;
- Skill in preparing complexspread sheets;
- Skill in understanding grants;
- Skill in concentrating on tasks despite distractions; Skill in organizing and presenting data to auditors;
- Skill in communicating ideas clearly and concisely, both orally and in writingto employees, other agencies and the public.
Education, Experience, Certifications and Licenses Required:
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, finance, or a related field; five (5) years progressively responsible accounting experience which includes three (3) years of supervisory experience; CPA Certification preferred, but not required; OR an equivalent combination of education, training, or experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
YCIPTA require the successful completion of a background check and drug test prior to appointment. Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.