Marketing and Events Specialist
Arizona Forward, a non-profit, non-partisan member-based organization, with over 50 years of sustainability leadership experience, seeks a Marketing and Events Specialist – 32 hours per week, with potential for 40 hours per week should needs change. The position is responsible for the execution of marketing plans, as well as event planning and management in support of the organization’s mission. This role is an integral part of a small person team.
Hourly Rate starting at $20/hr. depending on education and experience
MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS
• Execute email marketing and newsletter campaigns
• Post content to all social sites
• Track marketing programs (email, social media, digital campaigns, website traffic and events)
• Analyze and report on the performance and efficiency of marketing campaigns
• Collaborate and coordinate with CEO, Membership and Operations Director to monitor strategic marketing initiatives.
• Ensure that brand guidelines are met across all social, email and printed materials
EVENTS & PROGRAMS
• Supports the success of the two annual signature events – the Statewide Sustainability Summit/Climate Action Forum held in the Spring and the Environmental Excellence Awards Gala held in the Fall
• Works with leadership to assist with planning, coordinating and implementing these signature events designed to promote sustainability and raise funds for Arizona Forward
• Coordinates all webinar logistics, virtual meetings and in person meetings in terms of scheduling, developing agendas, and any other meeting preparations required
• Assist in developing event budgets and timelines
• Work with external agencies, speakers and vendors to coordinate logistics for events
TECHNICAL SUPPORT / ADMIINSTRATIVE
• Assist in managing website content
• Schedule meetings on Zoom for and track attendance
• Update and maintain Customer Relationship Management database (Zoho Platform) which includes adding new contacts and maintaining committee and council member lists
• Maintain online cloud storage of working documents, photo and videos
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing, communications, or a related field – interest in sustainability issues preferred.
- Two years of experience in B2B marketing and event management, preferably in a nonprofit setting. Advocacy and fundraising experience a plus.
- Ability to professionally interact with executive-level administrators, government or elected officials to represent Arizona Forward in a positive manner at all times, including working with staff, members, board leadership and partners.
- Strong prioritization, organization, and project management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Adapts easily to changing priorities and can multi-task effectively.
- Strong knowledge of tools and platforms such as, Google Analytics, CRM systems, content management systems, MS Office 365, Canva, WordPress, MailChimp, Buffer, Social Sites (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram)
- Ability to work remotely, as well as in an office environment. May require occasional work outside of normal working hours.