Join the Transdev team and begin a new career in the people moving industry. Phoenix Transit is an essential critical workforce and we are hiring experienced, friendly and professional Road Supervisors to perform a variety of functions to ensure that quality transportation service is efficiently delivered to our customer, in both the office and on the road.
Why work for us?
- Competitive Pay
- Advancement Opportunities
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance
- 401K With Employer Match
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Vacation
- Commercial Driver’s License Training Provided
- Great Coworkers!
- Maintain proper staffing levels for the department based on operational needs.
- Assist with developing and coaching staff, ensure an atmosphere of professionalism and mutual support among employees, ensure adequate standards are met for attendance and adherence and ensures Company policies are followed.
- Performs all vehicle operator safety evaluation ride checks, observation of operators while making their runs, and prescribes the necessary retraining; maintains radio and telephone contact with transit vehicle operators.
- Responds to service problems including rerouting, accidents and incidents with the goal of restoration of interrupted service; supports operators in preparing accident reports.
- Interacts with and assists transit passengers as necessary.
- Investigates and responds to unsafe location/situation reports; makes recommendations and/or changes to resolve the unsafe situation.
- Maintains quality service by enforcing quality and customer service standards; analyzing and resolving quality and customer service problems; identifying trends; recommending system improvements.
- Covers open routes and assists operators and other Road Supervisors with customer assistance and roadside problems.
- Maintains confidentiality of all information.
- Ensures staff are equipped to handle customers concerns and requests.
- Consciously support/create a workplace culture that is consistent with the vision, guiding principles, and values of the organization.
- Appropriately communicate organization information through department meetings, one-on-one meetings, appropriate email, and regular interpersonal communication.
- Review daily operational reports to make sure service goals are met.
- Handle’s escalated calls.
- Must be able to handle multiple situations at once.
- Various other duties as required.
What you will need?
- High school Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and two years related experience and/or training. College coursework preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Bilingual communication skills a plus.
- Able to present information one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Microsoft Office experience required. Excellent Excel and Word skills preferred.
- Within 30-days of hire, must have Class B or higher Commercial Driver’s License with Passenger endorsement. Must be able to obtain and maintain Department of Transportation physical examination.
- One-year relevant experience preferred or any equivalent combination of education and job experience that demonstrates the ability to successfully do the job.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Must be able to read a map and possess knowledge of the service area.
- Must be able to work flexible hours.
- Excellent customer service skills required.
Must undergo a pre-employment drug test and physical by a company appointed physician/facility and receive clearance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to manipulate, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel crouch or crawl; and smell. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 50 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the environment is moderate.
How we are keeping our employees and customers safe?
- Strict adherence to CDC Guidelines
- Enhanced vehicle cleaning/disinfecting measures with concentrated focus on high frequency touch areas
- PPE Distribution (Hand Sanitizer, masks, gloves)
- Social Distancing Enforced
- Enhanced facility cleaning/disinfecting measures with concentrated focus on high frequency touch areas