Sr Transportation Planner
Under general supervision, is responsible for work of moderate difficulty in the collection, analysis, and presentation of data and in the development and implementation of various studies and plans. Must possess knowledge of Federal, State, and local regulations pertaining to transportation planning and programming. Must demonstrate knowledge of and sensitivity to the structure, role, and interests of PAG member jurisdictions and associated decision-making bodies. Serves as project manager for assigned projects.
Develops and performs research and/or specialized analyses to prepare technical reports and briefings.
Attends and/or represents PAG at meetings, hearings and conferences related to this position.
Acts as project manager and/or primary support staff and/or provides support and assistance for projects as assigned, such as, but not limited to:
- The Transportation Improvement Program (TIP)
- The Regional Mobility and Accessibility Plan (RMAP), the region’s long-range transportation plan
- Freight, rail planning and economic development transportation issues
- Title VI issues and regional compliance
- Fiscal constraint and development of financial estimates
- Transit planning
- Alternate transportation modes planning
- Performance-based planning and programming
- The Congestion Management Process (CMP)
- Transportation operations planning/coordination including Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS), regional signal coordination and pavement management programs
- Transportation safety and security planning
Provides technical assistance to potential applicants in the preparation of grant proposals.
Assists in the formulation, modification and implementation of related transportation studies and plans.
Provides technical assistance to various PAG committees, subcommittees and task forces as assigned.
Work requires considerable personal initiative, sound independent judgment and ability to develop consensus among diverse stakeholders in resolving regional transportation planning and programming issues.
At a minimum, requires combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform duties and either a graduate degree in a related field with two years experience, or an undergraduate degree with four years of related experience, or equivalent.
Please visit our website for complete job description and how to apply.