Transit Grants Analyst
Start Date: July 2022 Compensation: $58,406 - $84,117
The Grants Analyst ensures the City applies for and receives federal, state, county, and local subsidies for which it is eligible; ensures funds are expended within the various rules and regulations that are a condition of receiving such funding; performs professional work involving grant coordination and administration, funding research and analysis, and assists with proposal preparation and compliance monitoring by individual departments and divisions.
1. Identifies future City needs and identifies grant fundable opportunities to meet these needs.
2. Manages City-wide grants, serves as a main contact for City grant information; serves as the technical expert for grant administration and compliance.
3. Completes proposal applications to include statistical information, budget information, certifications, narrative, and other related documents.
4. Educates City personnel regarding procedures for implementing grant programs in accordance with grant guidelines.
5. Performs post-award compliance monitoring to comply with federal, state, and local grant terms and conditions/regulations and assurances (office of management and budget circulars, City and funding agency policies and regulations, program statutes, procurement regulations).
6. Develops and maintains a network of local and national organizations to support grant applications.
7. Researches eligible grant funding opportunities, maintains knowledge of available municipal grants, and informs other city divisions of available grants.
8. Monitors grant awards to ensure project progresses in a timely manner and meets project goals/intended purpose.
9. Meets with internal and external auditors to audit grants for successful closeout.
10. Maintains a comprehensive computer database on City grants to include basic submittal and contract information.
11. Assists staff with questions regarding grant agreements, grant related paperwork, guidelines, city grant procedures, city ordinances, and local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
12. Attends grant workshops, conferences, and meetings to ensure coordination and communication between all parties as related to grant compliance and financial management.
13. Provides various reports internally and externally on accounting encumbered, expenditure and balance amounts for various grants.
14. Provides various spreadsheets on proposed, current, and terminated grants.
15. Collaborates with the Finance Department to ensure compliance with grant reporting requirements; coordinates with the City Attorney's office for review of grant-related contracts.
16. Responds to and resolves difficult and sensitive inquiries and complaints with courtesy and tact.
17. Performs related duties and responsibilities as required.
• Accounting and auditing principles and practices.
• Computer software related to word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
• Analytical and evaluative techniques, identification and resolution of grants administration issues and knowledge of laws, regulations, policy, and other requirements that affect grant program administration.
• Principles and practices of public administration and of local government structure and services.
• Program development, operations, budgeting, and programs evaluation.
• Government and service contract requirements.