Compensation: $21.66 per hour
Job Title: Transit Operator
FLSA Status: Overtime Eligible
Safety Sensitive: Yes, requires drug testing defined by 49 CFR Part 40
Full-Time and Part-Time roles available
The purpose of this position is to transport customers in a safe, timely manner to their destination within the City of Flagstaff. Some examples of essential functions that will be undertaken during regular performance of the job are listed below.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip inspections to ensure equipment is mechanically sound and completes all documentation as required
- Provides safe, timely and courteous service to all Mountain Line passengers particularly those with mobility challenges. Responsible for safe operation of transit vehicles, adherence to traffic regulations, Mountain Line policies and procedures
- Prepares accurate and legible accident and incident reports when needed
- Maintains a professional company image, emphasizing positive customer relations
- Understanding of current passes and fares, assist customers with paper fare solution
- May perform on the job training for new operators
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 6 months’ work experience in public bus transportation
- Any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of this position.
LICENSES, TRAINING, AND/OR CERTIFICATIONS
- Valid Arizona Commercial Driver's License with Air Brake and Passenger Endorsement
- DOT Physical Examination Medical Card
- Obtain DPS Level 1 Fingerprint Clearance Card
Mountain Line is an equal employment opportunity employer.