Transit Operator Trainee
Compensation: 19.76 per hour
Job Title: Transit Operator Trainee
FLSA Status: Overtime Eligible
Safety Sensitive: Yes, requires drug testing defined by 49 CFR Part 40
Full-Time and Part-Time roles available
Transit Operators are the company’s ambassadors reflecting our values and guiding principles, transporting customers in a safe, timely manner to their destination within the City of Flagstaff. Some examples of essential functions that will be undertaken during regular performance of the job are listed below.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Acts as an Operator for both bus and paratransit services
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip inspections to ensure equipment is mechanically sound and completes all documentation as required
- Maintains knowledge of and adherence with all Mountain Line policies, procedures, and safety requirements
- Provides safe, timely and courteous service to all Mountain Line passengers particularly those with mobility challenge
- Responsible for operation of transit vehicles in inclement weather safely, while adhering to all regulations including FTA, ADA, and traffic law
- Prepares accurate, respectful, timely, and legible documentation when needed, including but not limited to accident and incident report
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 6 months’ work experience in customer service
- Any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of this position.
LICENSES, TRAINING, AND/OR CERTIFICATIONS
- Valid Arizona Commercial Driver's License Permit with Air Brake and Passenger Endorsement
- DOT Physical Examination Medical Card
- Obtain DPS Level 1 Fingerprint Clearance Card
Mountain Line is an equal employment opportunity employer.