Transportation Contract and Procurement Specialist I/II
Compensation: $44,092.05 – 80,391.24, depending on qualifications
The Maricopa Association of Governments is seeking a detail- and team-oriented professional to support contract and procurement activities in the Transportation Policy and Planning Division. The primary duties of this position will be providing support in preparing solicitations for professional services, assembling draft contracts and associated documentation with contractors, managing and monitoring invoicing activities, and coordinating with the Fiscal Services Division.
Other duties include, but are not limited to:
- Reviewing consultant invoice and expenditure submissions.
- Preparing consultant payment request documentation for review.
- Monitoring consultant contract progress and compliance.
- Reviewing consultant Disadvantaged Business Enterprise forms.
- Coordinating with and assuring consultant adherence to contract and invoicing provisions.
- Assembling contract amendments for review.
- Preparing cost analysis research and documentation.
- Providing staff support for solicitations (e.g., meeting coordination, pre-proposal conferences, preparing summary notes, documenting evaluation process, etc.)
- Building and maintaining effective working relationships with team members, the consultant community and other divisions.
- Monitoring and conducting internal quality process improvements.
The ideal candidate will be highly organized, able to work independently, be detail-oriented, and at ease in a dynamic work environment. The candidate should have excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills. Knowledge and experience of the following is required:
- Microsoft Office suite—with a high proficiency in Excel.
- Federal and Arizona state contracting and qualifications-based selection processes; experience in architectural, engineering and transportation-related professional service contracts preferred.
- Fundamentals of contract management, funding rules, regulatory processes, etc.
Critical thinking and a keen interest in finding ways to do better are a necessity for the position. The ideal candidate will be team-oriented, eager to support technical project staff, and willing to recommend and implement procedural changes to improve accuracy, consistency and efficiency in operations.
Experience and Education
Three (3) years of progressive experience, or one (1) year experience and a Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, accounting or related field.