Transportation Planner Senior
Compensation: $62,402.40 - $93,603.60
WE ARE SEEKING
Our focus on providing exceptional customer service and bringing value to our citizens makes this opening a great opportunity for professional growth in a fast-paced work environment. Team Gilbert has an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated professional to fill the position of Transportation Planner Senior.
The Transportation Planner Senior reports to the Transportation Planning Manager and assists in implementation of both short and long-range transportation planning projects involving local, regional, and state-wide agencies while maintaining strong internal working relationships to ensure Gilbert’s transportation goals and priorities are being met.
Top candidates for this position will have demonstrated a strong work ethic and be a team player. They will possess excellent interpersonal skills: great communicators (speaking, listening, writing) who enjoy and are effective at working with diverse groups and individuals to facilitate decision making, and identify and achieve common objectives; individuals who are calm under pressure and maintain a positive, can-do attitude.
- Monitor and analyze current trends and research in the transportation field relating to autonomous vehicles, ride-share, and micro-mobility alternatives, and sustainable “smart city” planning efforts.
- Prepare presentations and present at public hearings;
- Maintain progress on long-range transportation projects including implementation strategies for bike planning, micro-mobility planning, and other transportation initiatives;
- Monitor and analyze ridership trends for local public transit services;
- Attend in-person meetings to represent the Town on regional committees and stakeholder events;
- Provide communication and management relating to ongoing circulation studies, technical projects, and small budget requests;
- Conduct research related to new and ongoing projects or transportation-related issues;
- Other duties as assigned.
Candidates for the Transportation Planner Senior must possess the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Transportation Planning, Land Use Planning, Public or Business Administration, Civil Engineering or related field;
- 4-7 years of experience in Municipal Transportation Planning, public or private sector, and project management;
- Any equivalent combination of experience and education which provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Transportation and land use planning principles;
- Capital Improvement processes;
- Engineering and construction terminology;
- Research methods, spatial and mathematical concepts;
- Applicable federal, state, and local laws, codes, regulations, and/or ordinances;
- Working with diverse groups and individuals in a collaborative environment to facilitate decision making, identify and achieve common objectives;
- Maintaining a strong work ethic in a high-performance environment;
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organization skills, with attention to detail;
- Conducting research, studies, and analysis;
- Finding solutions to complex problems and applying exemplary critical thinking skills.
You are someone who
effectively exceeds customer needs by building productive customer relationships and take responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty. You actively participate as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals and produce quality outcomes. You are committed to our safety philosophy, and you take great pride in proactively managing time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently while accomplishing objectives and achieving goals beyond what is required, then submit your application and join Team Gilbert.
In addition to a competitive salary, Gilbert offers a comprehensive benefit package that includes self-funded medical and dental plans, life insurance, disability, pension, tuition reimbursement and more.
Join Team Gilbert and make an income while making an impact! If you are looking for an opportunity to make a visible contribution to our community, and get excited about doing interesting work that matters, then apply here.
We can’t think of a better place to put your talents to work. Let’s get this adventure started!