Join Transdev at Phoenix Transit and become a part of the largest private-sector operator of transportation in North America, one that cares about its employees, passengers and the communities they serve.
We are hiring Utility Service Workers for both of our Phoenix Transit locations, that will be responsible for washing, fuel and perform light maintenance on buses.
What do we offer?
- Benefits include Medical, Dental, Prescription and Vision
- Transdev Paid Pension included – 100%
- Advancement Opportunities
- Paid Holidays (7)
- Sick Days (8 hours per month)
- Paid Vacation – Accrual depends on length of service
- 401 k plan available for participation
- Commercial Drivers License (CDL) training provided
What will you be doing?
- Washes exterior of vehicles using power washer and brushes; sweeps and removes trash from vehicles
- Drives, maneuvers, and parks vehicles
- Fuels buses, replenishes fluids, and logs and records all fluids used
- Performs light maintenance to shop areas, fueling stations, and related facilities
- Reports any maintenance issues to Supervisor
- Within 30 days of hire, must have Class B or higher Commercial Driver’s License with Passenger endorsement.
- Other duties as required
What will you need?
- High school diploma or equivalent, such as GED, required
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license with a minimum of one year of driving experience and a good driving record
- Must be eligible for and able to obtain a Commercial Drivers License with a Passenger endorsement within 30 days of hire
- 1 year or more of janitorial or auto detailing experience preferred
- Good communication skills
- Ability to read and follow written and spoken instructions, comprehend, and abide by Safety Data Sheets for mixing and using a variety of cleaning products and all other safety training materials provided
- Willingness to learn shop processes including fueling vehicles and cleaning vehicles
- Comfortable using a variety of equipment such as buffers, scrubbing machines, and other heavy cleaning equipment
- Strong attention to details skills a must.
- Must submit to drug testing, physical examination, and a criminal background check
- Less than 10% of work is accomplished in doors and in air conditioned or well ventilated facilities
- Greater than 90% of work is accomplished in an open garage facility.
- Performs physical activities that require considerable use of the arms, repetitive hand wrist motion, and legs and moving the whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling materials.
- May be asked to lift and carry up to 60 pounds.
- May be exposed to cleaning chemicals, you have access to safety protective gear.
How we are keeping our employees and customers safe?
- Strict adherence to CDC Guidelines
- Enhanced vehicle cleaning/disinfecting measures with concentrated focus on high frequency touch areas
- PPE Distribution (Hand Sanitizer, masks, gloves)
- Social Distancing Enforced
- Enhanced facility cleaning/disinfecting measures with concentrated focus on high frequency touch areas