Start Date: 9/12/2023 Compensation: TBD
OPENING DATE: September 12, 2023
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
SALARY RANGE: Depends Upon Experience
Sun Link Streetcar in Tucson Arizona is looking for an experienced energetic maintenance manager. The award-winning streetcar system in the heart of Tucson began operation in 2014 serving the University of Arizona, downtown Tucson, and the Mercado District. Sun Link is an integral part of downtown Tucson, and the maintenance manager is a key member of the Sun Link management team.
Applicants must have a High school diploma or GED and minimum six (6) years experience in rail system field. They must also have the ability to write clear and concise reports, experience with computers, and be available to work weekends, holidays, and evening hours. Additionally, they must possess a current and valid Arizona driver's license within 30 days of being hired.
The Maintenance Manager plays the leading role in the Sun Link Streetcar Maintenance Department and is considered fully competent in all aspects of streetcar maintenance. This position is responsible for managing communication and coordination of work activities among Sun Link staff, consultant design engineers, local jurisdictions, other transit agency staff, contracted operators, affected community and business groups during the planning, design, and implementation of projects that support service delivery related to the maintenance of a streetcar system.
This job description provides a representation of the essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned due to reasonable accommodation, specific requirements of an individual agency position profile, or other reasons.
· Responsibilities will range from defining scopes and schedules to implementation, including project design and resource planning. Capital projects will also involve construction and operation.
· Responsible for the development of maintenance plans, procedures, and related tasks for the maintenance requirements of a streetcar rail system, which includes right-of-way, traction electrification, signals, track work, communications, maintenance facilities, staffing plans, and other assigned duties.
· Responsible for reviewing design submittals, procurement documents, installation, and construction interfaces with other systems, such as civil and systems engineering, as well as fire/life safety elements.
· Provide a leadership role in system infrastructure preventive maintenance, quality assurance inspections, post-accident service restoration, and all maintenance activities and audits.
· Represent the Sun Link Maintenance Division at meetings.
· Direct staff, consultants, and contractors in the administration and implementation of the design, ensuring adherence to quality, budget, and schedules.
May also work independently or as a team member on complex problems or projects where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of variables.
· Exercise independent judgment in developing methods, techniques, and processes for evaluating and obtaining project results.
· Develop, implement, and maintain the material inventory and warranty management structure as required to ensure compliance.
· Assist with the development and evaluation of all Sun Link-specific third-party contracts as required.
· Develop and implement Standard Maintenance Procedures (SMP), including future modifications as operational and maintenance experience is gained through actual operation of the streetcar fleet.
· Develop, implement, and maintain the Sun Link asset management plan for shop equipment, maintenance of way (MOW) equipment, streetcars, traction power equipment, etc.
· Provide ongoing technical assistance and troubleshooting services to the vehicle and systems maintenance staff. Provide a high level of expertise and assist with the planning of future extensions and maintenance issues.
· Assist with the transition of all elements of the light rail alignment, supporting systems, and vehicles from construction to operations.
· Closely monitor preventive maintenance and retesting/recertification of all Sun Link rail assets, including, but not limited to, streetcar vehicles, non-revenue vehicles, generators, test equipment, signal and train control systems, traction power, structures, and fire life safety systems.
· Formalize the development and assist in the implementation of a spare parts inventory management system for Sun Link rail, working with various City of Tucson departments, operations, vendors, contractors, and Sun Tran representatives.
· Provide overall technical support and expertise to Sun Link operations.
· Perform additional duties as assigned.
Benefits include health care coverage for employees and dependents, personal time off (PTO), life insurance, sick leave, paid holidays, and a 401(k) retirement plan.
è TO APPLY:
· Include the following:
o Resume inclusive of salary history
o Requested starting salary
Send resume (inclusive of salary history and requested starting salary rate) to: John.Zukas@tucsonaz.gov.
NOTICE: If selected for any position, the company requires a background investigation and a pre-employment drug screen. Full job description available upon selection for interview.
Sun Link Streetcar is an Equal Opportunity/Reasonable Accommodation Employer