First Transit, Inc. supplies precision, efficiency, innovation, and all-around expertise to both public and private transportation systems. For over 60 years, First Transit has hands-on experience with every facet of transportation operations, maintenance, and administration. As the nation’s leading provider of public transportation contracting and management services, we know transit.
Headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio, First Transit operates in 335 locations, carrying more than 350 million passengers annually throughout the United States in 39 states, Puerto Rico and Canada.
By using the unique talents of the professionals in each business unit across the breadth of the company, First Transit participates on projects of all types, sizes, and scopes. Applied in many operating environments, our varied skills include:
- Traditional Fixed Route and ADA paratransit services under management contracts or turnkey operations
- ADA Call Centers Services and brokerage services for human service transportation
- Flexible Route systems
- Rural and Urban Transit systems
- University Transportation services
- Airport Shuttle services
- Microtransit Mobility solutions
- Autonomous Vehicle operations
- Mobility as a Service solutions
- Streetcar and Rail systems
- Maintenance and facilities management
- Alternative fuel operations, including electric, hybrid, and compressed gas-powered coaches
Fort McDowell Mohave-Apache Community
Fort Mohave Indian Tribe
Fort Yuma - Quechan Nation
Foundation for Blind Children
Foundation for Senior Living
North America’s leading supplier of transportation seating and safety solutions. Our success in the seating market comes from our ability to provide a total value-added seating package to our customers: innovative designs, superior customer service, proven quality products, and timely delivery.